Summer Internship Program
The Apollo Theater Academy Summer Internship Program provides high school students preparing to enter their senior year with opportunities for professional and personal development as they explore administrative and managerial careers in the performing arts and entertainment industries.
Summer Interns learn about non-performance careers and what takes place behind-the-scenes at the Apollo Theater.
THIS INTERNSHIP WILL NOT TEACH YOU HOW TO BE A PERFORMER.
Interns are assigned to work alongside staff members of the Apollo Theater for six weeks in various departments such as Programming, Marketing & Public Relations, Community Outreach, and Events Management.
YOU SHOULD APPLY TO THE SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROGRAM IF YOU…
- have a serious interest in learning about careers behind-the-scenes in the performing arts and entertainment industries.
- will be entering the 12th grade in September 2013.
- enjoy working on projects as part of a team.
- will be available to attend the entire program, Monday – Friday, July 8 through August 16, 2013.
- Interns receive a small weekly stipend and are responsible for their own meals and transportation. Interns work Monday through Friday, early July through mid August. Each workday consists of 7 hours.
- If selected, interns must commit to attending the entire program and orientation sessions.
- The Summer Internship Program is open to rising high school seniors. Students who will be entering the 12th grade in September 2013 are qualified to apply and must obtain a:
- Valid school ID card with a photograph
- Recent school schedule and most recent report card or transcript
- If selected, a valid New York State Employment Certificate (working papers) and a valid Social Security Card must be submitted prior to the start of the program.
- Applications are due Friday, May 31, 2013.
- The application process is highly competitive; therefore, not everyone who applies will be selected to participate. Relatives of Apollo Theater Foundation employees are not eligible to apply.